For all the kids
BarneBirken run Saturday June 15th 2024
This race is for all kids in the age from 0-11 years old. No time keeping.
The track is easy and differs for each age group.
All participants will recieve a diploma, medal and prize.
For kids in the age 0-11 years old by 31.12.2024
BarneBirken run (kids)
Entry BarneBirken run
Online registration open until thursday June 8th.
Registration on site
Friday June 9th:
- Håkons Hall: 10.00-21.00
Saturday June 10th
- Håkons Hall: 10.00-12.00
- Stampesletta - startin area outside: 12.00 - until start
Starting fee: NOK 125,-
Entry fee: NOK 125,-
Start and finish at Håkons Hall.
Food- and drink stations
At the finish line:
water, juice, chips and Gilde sausage
Starting times and classes
Preliminary Starting times
- 15:00 9-11 years old 1,7 km
- 15:05 6-8 years old 850 m
- 15.10 3-5 yeats old 650 m
- 15:15 2 years old and younger 350 m
Age as per 31.12.24
All participants recieve a competitors pin at the finish line and a diploma
Need to know in advance
Bus and parking
There will be free shuttle between the finish area at Håkons Hall and the start area at Birkebeineren ski stadium Saturday 09.00-18.00. The ride takes approximately 10 minutes from Håkons Hall to Birkebeineren ski stadium.
Arriving by train June 15th?
Are you arriving by train from south to Lillehammer (estimatet arrival at Lillehamme skysstasjon: 09:37, 10:06, 10:41 or 11:40) there will be free shuttle to the start at Birkebeineren ski stadium.
Bus to start UltraBirken and Birken fjellmaraton
There will be free shuttle to UltraBirken and Birken fjellmaraton from Kleivbakken behind Håkons Hall to start at Sjusjøen at 06.30 and at 07.00.
Booking: Send an an e-mail to email@example.com no later than Friday at 20.00.
Parking will be available at Birkebeineren ski stadium and east of Håkons Hall. Follow directions from our volunteers.
Parking: NOK 95,- Order in advance
Roads that will be closed on race day June 10th
- Sjøsetervegen will be closed from Birkebeiner Skistadion to Sagmyra between 09.00-16.00
- Nybuvegen is closed between 09.30-16.30. Furubakken will be periodically closed.
On race day
What happens when ?
Thursday June 13th
- 15.00-21.00 Sport 1 marked
Friday June 14th
Håkons Hall, Lillehammer
- 10.00 - 21.00 Sport 1 marked
- 10.00 - 21.00 Race offic and Bib distribution
Saturday June 15th
Sjusjøen Ski Stadion
- from 07.00 Distribution Bibs for
UltraBirken and Birken fjellmaraton
- 08.00 Start UltraBirken run
- 08.30 Start Birken fjellmaraton
Birkebeineren ski stadium, start
- from 9.00 Distribution of Bibs
HalvBirken løp and Birkebeinerløpet
- 10.00 Start HalvBirken løp
- 11.00 Start Birkebeinerløpet
Haakons Hall, Lillehammer
- 10.00-18.00 Sport 1 market
- 10.00-18.00 Distribution of Bibs (Birken 5km, UngdomsBirken og BarneBirken), Race Office, Diplomas and prizes
- 13.00 Start Birken 5 km
- 14.00 Start UngdomsBirken løp
- 15.00 Start BarneBirken løp
Ceremonier, Håkons Hall
- From 12.00 HalvBirken
- From 13.30 Birkebeinerløpet and Birken 5 km
- From 14.00: Birken fjellmaraton
- From kl. 15.00 UltraBirken løp
- From kl. 15.15 UngdomsBirken løp
- From 16.00 rest Birkebeinerløpet
Distribution of Bibs
Distribution of Bibs
Friday June 14.:
- All races:
Haakons Hall kl. 10.00 – 21.00
Saturday June 15.:
- Birken 5 km, UngdomsBirken and BarneBirken run:
Håkons Hall 10.00-16.00
- Birkebeinerløpet 21 and HalvBirken run 12:
Birkebeineren ski stadium (Start) 09.00 - 13.10
- UltraBirken run and Birken fjellmaraton:
Sjusjøen ski stadium 07.00 - 08.30
You buy the license either when signing up, at your My Page after signing up or at the race office when picking up your BIB.
Your starting card is available for download from your My Page or the Birken app from approximately 1-2 weeks prior to the race. This is your confirmation of participation.The starting card must be shown to retrieve your BIB.
- All races: