For all the kids
There will be races for the kids in Rena and Lillehammer Friday August 25th.
These races are for all kids in the age from 0-11 years old. No time keeping.
The track is easy and differs for each age group.
All participants will recieve a diploma, medal and prize.
BarneBirken cycle (kids)
Entry BarneBirken cycle
Online registration is open until August 24th.
Late entry Rena
Friday August 26. from 15.00 to 15 minutes before start in Rena Torg
Late entry Lillehammer
Friday August 26. 10.00-until start
Food- and drink stations
There will be served drinks and something to eat at the finish
Starting times and classes
- 16.45, 750 m: Girls and boys 0-6 years old
- 17.15 1.5 km: Girls and boys 7-9 years old
- 17.30 3.0 km: Girls and boys 10-11 years old
- 17.00, 750 m: Girls and boys 0-4 years old
- 17.10, 750 m: Girls and boys 5-6 years old
- 17.20, 1.5 km: Boys 7-9 years old
- 17.30, 1.5 km: Girls 7-9 years old
- 17.40, 3.0 kmBoys 10 years old
- 17.50, 3.0 km: Girls 10-11 years old
Age as per 31.12.23
Need to know in advance
- Change of Bib pick up place
- Registration and reregistration at 21.00 if available spots
- Booking bus at 20.00
- Ordering cycle license
- No registration/entry on race day
- Registration after August 23. for Birkebeinerrittet: You must pick up your Bib in Rena
Travel and accommodation
Start: Rena and Finsih: Håkons Hall, Lillehammer
Travel and accommodation
Bus transport for participants and bicycles is also available for these events, from Oslo and Lillehammer to Rena.
Accommodation Rena and Lillehammer
Buses and trains
Buses from Oslo and Lillehammer to Rena is available for booking through your My Page from two weeks prior to the race. Booking must be made before 20.00 the evening before the race, or you can buy your ticket in Håkons Hall, Lillehammer.
Train: Check departures and order at VY
Oslo airport, Gardermoen
If you are arriving by car, please view recommended driving pattern in Rena and Lillehammer.
Travelling by car from Oslo is not difficult. Follow the E6 north. If you are going to Rena, take the exit to Elverum, and follow the road signs from there. Rena is approximately 2,5 hours from Oslo. Travelling to Lillehammer - follow the E6 until Lillehammer is on your right, this takes about two hours.
If you have more questions, or need help booking - please contact us.
On race day
What happens when ?
Preliminary information 2023
Thursday August 24.
- 15.00 - 21.00 Sport 1 market in Håkons Hall, Lillehammer
Friday August 25.
Rena Åmot kulturhus, Rena Torg
- 12.00-21.00 Distribution of Bibs and registration
- 15.00 - Registration and distribution of bibs BarneBirken cyckle.
- 17.00 - Start BarneBirken 0-11 years old
- Activities for kids
- 10.00-21.00 Distribution of Bibs and registration
- 10.00-21.00 Sport 1 market
- 17.00-17.50 Start BarneBirken sykkel
Saturday August 26.
Rena, Åmot kulturhus og Rena Torg
- From 07.00 Distribution of Bibs in Åmot kulturhus
- 07.00-15.00 Sport 1 market
- 09.00-12.00 Start Birkebeinerrittet
- 09.00 start Men Elite
- 09.05 start Women Elite
- From 07.30 distribution of Bibs UngdomsBirken sykkel
- 09.00-09.45 start UngdomsBirken sykkel
- 09.00-19.00 Sport 1 market
- 09.00-19.00 Race office
- appr. 09.30 first participant UngdomsBirken
- appr. 11.00 prize ceremony UngdomsBirken
- appr. 11.30 Men Elite expected to the finish
- appr. 12.10 Women Elite expected to the finish
- appr. 13.00 Prize ceremony Men and Women Elite
- Prize ceremonies continously for all classes in Birkebeinerrittet when results are ready. Information on site
- 12.00 - 15.00 Lost and found in Haakons Hall
Distribution of Bibs
Lillehammer, Håkons Hall
Birkebeinerrittet, UngdomsBirken and BarneBirken
- Friday August 25th: 10.00-21.00
- Saturday August 26th from 7.30
Rena, Åmot kulturhus
Birkebeinerrittet and BarneBirken
- Friday August 25th: 12.00 - 21.00
- Saturday August 26th: 07.00 - until the last start
Race packets that is ordered to Lillehammer and not been retrieved in Lillehammer the day before the race, may be picked up in Åmot kulturhus Rena, on race day.
On the race day
Race packets must be collected at least 1 hour before your starting time. Allow for some extra time as traffic will be heavy.
Please show your starting card to testify paid entry fee, license and bib number.
Traffic / parking
Parking at Rena and Lillehammer at Birken Cycle Festival 2022
Please follow instructions on signs and from parking guards.
Tickets for parking costs NOK 75,- and may be bought both online or on site.