Race Rules UltraBirken cycle
UltraBirken cycle run according to the UCI's MTB rules and NCF's laws and regulations.
General traffic regulations and road signs must be observed. Please pay attention to the environment, the public and co-racers. Parts of the route will be closed for ordinary traffic, and supporter vehicles are not permitted.
- You may not start using another person's entry/bib.
- Participants in the age classes may use the service stations.
- The organizers reserve the right to stop late racers from completing the race.
- For your safety it is not allowd to use any form of audio during the race.
All competitors must download correct GPS-track and follow the correct track.
It is the competitors own responsibility to cycle the correct UltraBirken track and see to that their navigation equipment has sufficient power during the race.
Special rules for UltraBirken cycle
For safety reasons there are special rules for clothes and equipment that you must bring when participating in UltraBirken:
- Longsleeved jacket (wind-/water resistant)
- Long trousers (wind-/water resistant)
- Glowes/mittens with fingers
- Buff headwear
- Long underwear
- Dry socks
- Bicycle pump
- Hose kit
- First aid kit
- Mobile phone
Participants that does not follow these rules might be disqualified.
- A certified helmet is compulsory.
- All bikes used in any terrain competition, should have only propulsion by human power.
- It is prohibited to install equipment for time trial (ITT), road races or any kind of modification.
Littering along the route is not allowed. Please bring your own litter to the nearest food station or use the drop zones along the course. Littering along the course can be penalized with 15 minutes added to your time.
Violating the rules
Participants violating the rules will be disqualified or given a time penalty.
- The complaint must be submitted in writing with a fee of NOK 300 at the Race Office in Håkons Hall.
- Against race conditions: 15 minutes after the last competitor has crossed the finish line.
- Against the list of results: 30 minutes after the list and results have been published.