Welcome to UngdomsBirken cycle!
UngdomsBirken cycle, August 27th 2022
MTB race for youths
The track is 16 km with start at Birkebeineren Skistadion and finish at Håkons Hall, Lillehammer. Participants from age 12-16, age as per December 31st 2022. All participants must carry a backpack weighing at least 1,5 kg.
UngdomsBirken cycle (youth race)
New track in 2022
The track is 16 km and start at Birkebeineren ski stadium, and will follow parts of the Birkebeinerrittet track to the finish line at Haakons Hall.
See track map and track profile below.
Food- and drink stations
One drink station: Water and Maxim Sports drink.
Finish: Water, lemonade, banana and Gilde sausage.
Sykkelservice after 10 km
Starting times and classes
Preliminary starting times 2022
Age as per 31.12.2022
In addition to the age classes W(K)/M 12-16 years old we also have classes for disabled W(K)/M 12-16 years old. For participants in these classes: Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to determine starting time.
Preliminary starting time Class Max in wave 1 09.00 M16 20 09.05 M15 40 09.10 K16 10 09.15 K15 15 09.20 M14 40 09.25 M13 40 09.30 K14 15 09.35 K13 10 09.40 M12 40 09.45 K12 10
Race rules UngdomsBirken cycle
The race is run according to NCF's laws and regulations. In addition there are also special regulations for UngdomsBirken cycle.
- All competitors must have the Bib fastened visible on the handlebar.
- You may not start using another person's entry/bib.
- For your safety it is not allowd to use any form of audio during the race.
All participants, regardless of class, must carry a 1,5 kilo backpack during the entire race, until crossing the finish line. The backpack must be visible, and can not be worn underneath clothing or bib.
The backpack must contain food, drink, tools and hose kit.
Violating the rules
Participants violating the rules will be disqualified.
Prizes UngdomsBirken cycle
All competitors will recieve a whfinisher medal at the finish line.
A diploma stating your time is also available at your My Page or inside Håkons Hall at the race day.
Prize ceremony for the three best in each age class will be held in Håkons Hall after finishing.
Bike park at Haakons Hall on race day
Need to know in advance
Preliminary information 2022
- Change of Bib pick up place
- Registration and reregistration all races at 21.00 if available spots
- Booking bus at 20.00
- Ordering cycle license
- No registration/entry on race day
- Registration after August 23. for Birkebeinerrittet: You must pick up your Bib in Rena
Travel and accommodation
Start: Rena and Finsih: Håkons Hall, Lillehammer
Travel and accommodation
Bus transport for participants and bicycles is also available for these events, from Oslo and Lillehammer to Rena.
Other accommodation Rena and Lillehammer
Buses and trains
Buses from Oslo and Lillehammer to Rena is available for booking through your My Page from two weeks prior to the race. Booking must be made before 20.00 the evening before the race, or you can buy your ticket in Håkons Hall, Lillehammer.
Train: Check departures and order at VY
Oslo airport, Gardermoen
If you are arriving by car, please view recommended driving pattern in Rena and Lillehammer.
Travelling by car from Oslo is not difficult. Follow the E6 north. If you are going to Rena, take the exit to Elverum, and follow the road signs from there. Rena is approximately 2,5 hours from Oslo. Travelling to Lillehammer - follow the E6 until Lillehammer is on your right, this takes about two hours.
If you have more questions, or need help booking - please contact us.
All participants age 13-79 must have a valid license to start in cycle events in Norway. If you have a valid license through national cycling federetaion, please bring your license card when retrieving your BIB.
The license is not included in the entry fee. It can be purchased when entering, through your My Page, or at the race office when retrieving your BIB.
One time license 17-79 years old: NOK 220,-
One time license UngdomsBirken cycle (13-16 years old): NOK 50,-
One time license TurBirken cycle 41 km: NOK 60,-
The Norwegian Cycling Federation
The license is an insurance through the Norwegian Cycling Federation, and should you be injured while participating in an Birken cycle event, this license makes sure that your treatment is covered. Please find more information regarding the license:
On race day
What happens when ?
Lillehammer Håkons Hall
- 15.00-21.00 Sport 1 market, distribution og bibs and registration
Rena Åmot kulturhus, Rena Torg
- 08.00-21.00 Distribution of Bibs and registration
- 09.00- 11.00 start TurBirken 86 km
- 15.00 - Registration and distribution of bibs BarneBirken cyckle at Rena Park.
- 17.00 - Start BarneBirken 0-11 years old
- Activities for kids
- From 08.00 distribution of bibs
- 09.00 start UltraBirken
- 11.00-12.00 Start TurBirken 41 km
- 10.00-21.00 Distribution of Bibs and registration
- 10.00-21.00 Sport 1 market
- ca 14.30 UltraBirken prize ceremony
- 17.00-17.50 Start BarneBirken sykkel
- 18.30 Cycle show in Kleivbakken
Rena, Åmot kulturhus og Rena Torg
- From 07.00 Distribution of Bibs in Åmot kulturhus
- 07.00-15.00 Sport 1 market
- 09.00-13.00 Start Birkebeinerrittet
- 10.00 start kvinner elite
- 14.00 start menn elite
- From 07.30 distribution of bibs UngdomsBirken sykkel
- 09.00-09.45 start UngdomsBirken sykkel
- 09.00-19.00 Sport 1 market
- 09.00-19.00 Race office
- ca 09.30 first participant UngdomsBirken
- ca 11.40 first participant Birkebeinerrittet
- ca 13.00 Kvinner Elite
- ca 13.30 Price ceremony Kvinner Elite
- ca 16.30 Menn Elite
- ca 17.00 Price ceremony Menn Elite
Distribution of Bibs
Lillehammer, Håkons Hall
- Thursday August 25th: 15.00-21.00
- Friday August 26th: 10.00-21.00
- Friday August 26th from 08.00, before start UltraBirken and TurBirken 41 km
- Saturday August 27th from 7.30 before start UngdomsBirken
Rena, Åmot kulturhus
- Friday August 26th: 08.00 - 21.00
- Saturday August 27th: 07.00 - until the last start
Birkebeinerrittet and TurBirken 86
Race packets that is ordered to Lillehammer and not been retrieved in Lillehammer the day before the race, may be picked up in Åmot kulturhus Rena, on race day.
On the race day race packets must be collected at least 1 hour before your starting time. Allow for some extra time as traffic will be heavy.
Please show your starting card to testify paid entry fee, license and bib number.
In your race packet you will find
A tag with your wave number to be fastened at the back of your pack.
Your bib, that must be visible throughout the race.
Luggage tags for one item.
Your personal time-recorder is part of your start number and must be worn throughout the race.
- Traffic / parking
Timing / Bib
The bib must be fastened to the handlebar according to instructions.
Your result is registered in the chip that is integrated in your start number.
Time keeping starts when crossing the start mat.
Exeption: Start at start shot
Start shot (the start time is registered by start shot) applies for:
- Birkebeinerrittet: The elite classes
- UltraBirken cycle: Wave 1 for men and wave 3 for women.
- UngdomsBirken cycle: All classes and waves.
We offer simple service such as changing of hose, chain, brake pads, as well as adjusting the gears and brakes before start and at the service stations along the track.
The service is performed by experienced mechanics.
It will be possible to clean (flush) dirt off your bike at the service stations.
We recommend that your bike is well maintained and checked before you arrive at Rena.
It is also important to bring some equipment for bike care in your backpack, such as hose, small tools and a pump.
Free bike parking is available in the finish area. The parking is in a closed of area, and your bike is insured against theft while in the parking area. The parking area is open until 21.00
The owner of the cycle is identified by the starting number, and to retrieve your cycle from the area, you must bring your starting card, Birken-app, your wrist tag or your luggage tag.
It will be possible to clean (flush) dirt off your bike before you leave the area.
The bicycle park closes at 21.00 saturday.