There will be races for kids Sunday March 19th in both Rena and Lillehammer
These races are for all kids in the age from 0 to 11 years old. The track is easy and differ for each age group. No time keeping.
All participants will recieve a diploma and medal.
BarneBirken ski (kids)
Entry BarneBirken ski
Online registration is open until March 15th.
Late entry Rena
Thingstadjordet March 20th from 11.00
Late entry Lillehammer
Fredag March 18th
Saturday March 19th
Birkebeineren Ski stadium
Sunday March 20th
Start and finish at Thingstadjordet.
Start and finish at Birkebeiner Ski stadium
Track map BarneBirken ski
Food- and drink stations
- "Skramstadsetra": water and lemonade
- "Dambua": water and lemonade
- "Mål Rena": water and lemonade and something to eat
- "Sjusjøen": water and lemonade
- "Midtfjellet": water and lemonade
- "Mål Lillehammer": water and lemonade and something to eat
Starting times and classes
starting times 2022
- 12.00, 3.5 km: Girls and boys 10-11 years old
- 12.30, 2.5 km: Girls and boys 7-9 years old
- 13.00, 1.0 km: Girls and boys 0-6 years old
Lillehammer starting times 2022
- 13.00, 3.5 km: Boys 11 years old
- 13.10, 3.5 km: Boys 10 years old
- 13.15, 3.5 km: Girls 10-11 years old
- 13.30, 2.5 km: Boys 7-9 years old
- 13.35, 2.5 km: Girls 7-9 years old
- 13.45, 1.0 km: Girls and boys 5-6 years old
- 13.50, 1.0 km: Girls and boys 0-4 years old
Age as per 31.12.22
Distribution of Bibs
Tingstadjordet March 20th from 11.00
Friday March 18th
Saturday March 19th
Birkebeineren Ski stadium
Sunday March 20th
Need to know in advance
Preliminary information 20223
- Start together in unseedet waves
- Change of pick up place Birkebeinerrennet, SkøyteBirken and TurBirken ski 54
- Ordering matress accommodation online Rena
Ordering mattress accommodation on site Rena will be available for NOK 600,- Thursday and Friday.
- Change of wave SkøyteBirken, TurBirken ski 54 and 28.
March 16. 20.00
- Registration SkøyteBirken, StafettBirken, TurBirken ski 54 and 28.
- Ordering bus for SkøyteBirken and TurBirken ski 54 km
March 17. 21.00
- Registration Birkebeinerrennet
- Ordering bus for Birkebeinerrennet
March 18. 19.00
- Registratrion UngdomsBirken ski
- Ordering bus UngdomsBirken ski
Travel and accommodation
Logistics, hotels and cabins
Birkebeinerrennet has start and finish in two different arenas. Rena and Lillehammer.
We recommend that you can stay in Lillehammer, Hamar or Rena:
Stay in Lillehammer region
- Book bus or train - VY.no to Lillehammer
- Order pick up place for your Bib in Lilllehammer, pick up your Bib in Håkons Hall, Lillehammer the day before race day.
- Book bus from Lillehammer to the start arena at Rena for race day.
- Accommodation in Lillehammer
Stay in Rena
- Birken offers mattress accommodation in Rena. You order when register for the race, or after at your My Page.
- Book bus to Rena the day before race day , or train - nsb.no
- Pick up your Bib in Rena center the day before or at the start arena on the race day.
- After the race, you can either choose to go back to Rena by bus or stay in Lillehammer.
- Accommodation Rena
- Accommodation Elverum
Stay in Hamar (save 2 hours travelling time)
- You can travel to Hamar from Oslo and Oslo Airport by train - nsb.no
- Book bus for the race day from Hamar to Rena
- Pick up your Bib at the start arena at Tingstadjordet, Rena
- Book bus from Lillehammer to Hamar after the race.
- Accommodation Hamar
Luggage transport from Rena to Lillehammer on race day is included in the entry fee.
On race day
Traffic and parking
Everyone can drive directly to the start area at Tingstadjordet, Rena.
If you are travelling with one of our buses on race day, the bus will drive directly to the start area where you also will find BIB handout and Race office.
We advise all participants to arrive early, as traffic might be heavy. Please use public transport if possible.
If you are dropping off competitors at the start: Please follow instructions on signs and from parking guards. You might not be able to leave the area until 08.45.
Travelling by car to Rena
There are two possible routes from Elverum to Rena:
RV 3 from Elverum to Rena. Lorries and busses are recommended to choose this road. Due to roadwork currently being done on this road, it might take longer then the usuall 30 minutes.
FV 535 on the east side of the river Glomma. Passenger cars are recommended to use this road.
Travelling by car to Lillehammer
If you arrive to Lillehammer by E6 take the northern exit. The exit is marked with a sign for Birkebeinerrittet from E6, and all the way up to the parking area.
Sigrid Undsetsveg (the road below Håkons Hall) is closed for traffic between the roundabout by Kiwi, Nordsetervegen, and the junction Bankgata/Sigrid Undsetsveg. Nordsetervegen is a one way street from Håkons Hall to Kringsjåvegen.
Parking Birken ski festival
Parking during Birken ski festival costs NOK 75,- and are valid at all Birken arenas at both Lillehammer and Rena.
Parking will be availble at the start area. Please follow instructions on signs and from parking guards.
Parking is available at Birkebeiner Ski stadium and at Håkons Hall. Please follow instructions on signs and from parking guards.
Parking for campers
At marked places at the start area at Tingstadjordet, Rena. No electicity available
At Rena Camping in the center of Rena. Please contact Rena Camping for booking and prices.
For camper options, please visit these sites; Lillehammer Turistsenter and Lillehammer Camping.
Preliminary information 2022:
The center of Rena
Cafeterias and stores are open in the small and cosy village of Rena.
Open church with mini concerts etc. friday from 14.00-22.00
Race office, Sport1 market and activites from Thursday
The first competitor will pass around 08.10 and the last around 12.15. You can also ski from Skramstadsetra to Dølfjellet or Dambua. Please use the tracks marked for spectators.
If you want to go to Skramstadsetra, we recommend to go before the first start (07.45).
The first competitor will pass around 09.05 and the last around 15.00.
You can get there by car from Brumunddal. It is around 23 km from Brumunddal to Kvarstad (toll road).
The highest point in the track, 910 meters above sea level.
The first competitor will pass around 09.25 and the last around 17.00.
You can park at Sjusjøen and ski 7 km from Sjusjøen to Midtfjellet.
At the food and drink station in Sjusjøen there are always a lot of spectators.
The first competitor will pass around 9.50 and the last around 17.30. You get there by car from Lillehammer.
Birkebeiner ski stadium / finish
First competitor is expected to the finish around 10.25 and the last around 19.30.
You get there by car from Lillehammer and Sjusjøen.
All competitors retrieves their diplomas and prizes. Cafeteria and Sport 1 Market.
Prize ceremonys from stage.
Center of Lillehammer
A lot of nice stores, cafetrias, restaurants and more.